Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Last Spring.

Me & Vylette at Brooklyn Botanical Garden's Cherry Blossom Festival last year


My senses are confused.. its pretty out. Flowers blooming. but i feel sad. last year, this time, i was aware of a little life budding inside of me. everything was much more beautiful. it was as if i was living Spring for the first time in my life. the smell of flowers was everywhere...i needed to know what every flower, every tree, every bush was called. i imagined having my baby here with me wondering how i would explain things to her. i was tearing up imagining what life would be like this year, with my baby in my arms. i felt amazing and overwhelmed.. i started my research on natural baby things, and the coolest cutest toys and essentials. i started paying more attention to every detail of waking, breathing, eating and sleeping. never in my life had i felt that way. Vylette changed me. i felt softer and prettier. i felt like a true woman. i had a goal for once in my life. 

Now i walk these same streets, looking at the buds of early spring blossoming, and everything feels weird. i want to smile at the beauty of nature but my heart aches instead. i see her in the flowers and hear her in the birdies chirping in the trees. but i want to see her face, hear her voice, and watch her blossom too. ♥

2 comments:

  1. my heart aches for you. you describe the sense of loss so perfectly and vividly. how are you and Jerry doing together? ive thought of you often these last few months claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. things are rough. sometimes worse than ever... feel really lost and praying for a purpose..even though i prayed everyday to the sunset and sunrise for Vylette to be a happy healthy baby and it didn't happen.. trying. still waiting for this case to start.. very frustrating.. but still trying! :)

    ReplyDelete